Mercy Gilbert brings exceptional neurological services to the East Valley through our advanced medical treatments including the clot-busting drug Activase® for stroke victims. Our Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center focuses on improving the long term outcome for stroke patients and providing community awareness and education.
Comprehensive Neurology Services
Our body’s structure provides great protection for the brain, spinal cord and nerves however these areas are susceptible to disease and injury. Mercy Gilbert’s neurological services team of neurosurgeons, neurologists, intensivists, orthopedic spine surgeons, interventional neuro radiologists, oncologists, and anesthesiologists combine clinical expertise with a healing philosophy to care for patients with a variety of neurological conditions.
Mercy Gilbert’s neurology services include spine, cranial and vascular neurosurgery, neurology, and pain management. Our services include:
- Acute stroke
- Traumatic brain Injury – when the head suddenly and violently hits an object, or when an object pierces the skull and enters brain tissue
- Disorders of the brain
- Vascular or structural malformation – abnormalities of arteries and veins
- Infectious and degenerative processes
- Disorders of the spine, stenosis, herniated discs, scoliosis and degeneration
- Disorders of the spinal cord and/or nervous system, such as trauma, infectious and demyelinating processes, genetic disorder, and degenerative processes
Mercy Gilbert is the only East Valley hospital to offer a sleep studies program. Our resort style sleep center offers overnight testing to monitor brain waves, muscle activity, heart rhythms and other body functions to accurately diagnose and treat sleep disorders.
Learn more about neurological services at Mercy Gilbert
For more information about any of our neurology services, please call (480) 728-5414.