A cancer diagnosis can be scary and difficult—not only for the patient, but for family and friends as well. At the University of Arizona Cancer Center at St. Joseph’s, our goal is to make your experience as easy as possible by providing comprehensive, compassionate and state-of-the-art care in one convenient setting.
Powerful Partnership in Cancer Care
In 2011, St. Joseph’s Hospital and the University of Arizona Cancer Center, the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center headquartered in Arizona, formed an innovative collaboration to offer unparalleled cancer care in Phoenix.
This unique affiliation uses the strengths of both organizations to transform cancer care. It also provides invaluable opportunities for cancer patients, advocates, health practitioners and students to work together to create solutions to issues in oncology. We are proud to be an active research site into the causes and cures of many types of cancer.
Mission and Vision
Our mission is to prevent and cure cancer. Our vision is to be the preeminent leader in achieving freedom from cancer by extending and enhancing the lives of individuals regionally, nationally, and throughout the world.
We achieve this vision through creative collaborations, excellence in research, and research driven, multi-disciplinary cancer prevention and patient care programs. The creation and dissemination of our knowledge is achieved through translational research, technology development, and novel programs in education and training. Our priority is to assure that all those at risk for and affected by cancer have access to the highest quality care.
We are one of only 41 National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the nation. National Cancer Institute-designated centers are known for:
- Comprehensive Cancer Care: The NCI Centers are recognized for their scientific and clinical excellence. Their focus is on providing extraordinary patient care as well as basic, clinical and translational research, prevention, education, outreach and training.
- Research, Treatment and Educational Programs: These centers have undergone extensive peer review, met rigorous national standards and made significant contributions to reducing the cancer burden overall.
- Longer Survival Rates for Cancer Patients: Studies have linked survival rates to place of service, with a mortality risk reduction and a significant survival benefit being associated with treatment at a NCI cancer center.
Comprehensive Cancer Center Services
We’re committed to fulfilling the unique needs of each patient and their family, offering world-class care, support and guidance through every stage of the journey.
Our services include:
- Patient education, with access to a Registered Dietitian
- Preventative care
- State-of-the-art diagnostic testing
- Advanced cancer treatment options, including interventional, radiation and surgical oncology, and chemotherapy
- Life enrichment services, featuring patient navigation, nutrition services and more
- Participation in basic science research and clinical trials
Learn More About Our Cancer Center
For more information about the University of Arizona Cancer Center at St. Joseph's, call 602-406-ONC1 (602-406-6621).
University of Arizona Cancer Center at St. Joseph's
500 W. Thomas Rd, Suite 650
(McAuley Office Building, 6th Floor)
Phoenix, AZ 85013