The Center for Thoracic Disease and Transplantation, part of St. Joseph’s Heart & Lung Institute in Phoenix, Arizona, specializes in the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the lungs, chest or esophagus.
We are proud to offer our patients one of the largest and most advanced lung disease programs in the Southwest, including a renowned lung transplant program.
Lung Disease and Esophageal Care
Our highly trained esophageal and lung disease physicians work closely with other specialists to create the best treatment plan for each patient. The Center provides:
- Clinics with medical, surgical and supportive-care consultations
- Patient-case conferences with the entire team of specialists
- Clinical-care coordination by dedicated nurse specialists
- Rapid appointment scheduling or hospital-to-hospital transfers for critically ill patients
- Close contact with referring physicians
- Second opinion pathology reviews
- Collaboration with Barrow Neurological Institute for neurological metastatic disease
- State-of-the-art diagnostic technology
Our team consists of pulmonologists, thoracic surgeons, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, social workers, nutritionists, respiratory therapists and physical therapists. These specialists work as a team to provide comprehensive care.
Comprehensive Treatment Options for Lung Disease
Our team of specialists will work with you to determine the best course of treatment for your lung disease or esophageal condition. We are highly trained in both the medical management and surgical treatment for a variety of lung diseases and conditions.
We are also the only lung transplant center in Arizona, allowing patients who are potential candidates for transplant to streamline through the process for early referral and possible transplantation.
Learn more about our Lung Disease Services
For more information about our comprehensive lung and esophageal care, please call 602-406-4000.